Saturday 19 January 2013

Lady Bradford's, Castle Bromwich.










Nice trip over to a snowy Castle Bromwich today, places always look so much better in the snow and when the litter is covered up.

Unfortunately I didn't see many birds on my visit, I presume with the increased bird activity in the garden yesterday and today that lots of birds have done just that at these natural habitats and decided that there's richer pickings in our gardens.

It was still nice to see my first Green Woodpecker at this location, I was told about two years ago that one nests in the nearby graveyard and it wasn't easy to miss amongst the snow. Talking of the graveyard, I saw a Fox on the scavenge at approximately 9:30 a.m. no doubt finding food hard to come by in the snow, rest assured I left plenty of bird seed, last years windfall apples and chips in various locations to help out the wildlife.

Birds seen were Green Woodpecker,Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren, Robin, Starling, Carrion Crow, Magpie and Woodpigeon.
 
The last photograph is the back garden after all my hard efforts at clearing away the snow to help out the birds and giving me more floor space to put down plenty of food for them to go with the feeders, suet blocks, mealworms, peanuts etc. and giving the Blackbirds and Robins some grass to forage on.

No comments:

Post a Comment