Friday 29 May 2020

Lady Bradford's, Castle Bromwich.







Thought I'd go somewhere a little different today, namely that of Lady Bradford's in Castle Bromwich, not sure what the land is actually called but that's what the locals call it so that's good enough for me.

It's a great little piece of land and when I say it's little it's just that but there are still plenty of birds that call it home, there are also foxes and pheasants even though I didn't see or hear either today.

As well as walking around that area I also took in St Mary and St Margaret's Church, the adjacent churchyard as well as the area around Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel.

Highlights were seeing a large flock of Great Tit juveniles in the church yard, to say they were noisy is an understatement, always great to hear though, there was also another noisy juvenile seen in Lady Bradford's, this time that of a wonderful Song Thrush fledgling foraging on the floor, sadly I couldn't get a photo though also in the same area was a very fluffy Robin juvenile, even though I didn't see any there was also a fairly decent number of Blackcap to be heard.

Birds seen today were, Blackcap, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chiffchaff, Goldfinch, Robin, Dunnock, Wren, Starling, Blackbird, Song Thrush, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Jay, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow and Magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment