Tuesday 26 May 2020

Sutton Park.







Despite saying I probably wouldn't visit Sutton Park again this week, I decided to change my mind and not let the bad people win, anyway it wasn't too bad today even though there were far too many people around for my liking but there you go.

My main intention other than birding was too try and find the Exmoor Ponies which didn't happen that still didn't ruin the day though.

Highlights of the day was seeing more Swift present than on my previous visits, also seeing plenty of House Martin over Blackroot Pool, watching a pair of Blue Tit feeding some very vocal juveniles in a nest high up in a tree in a hole where there used to be a branch, hearing many Song and Mistle Thrush and the obviously all round song coming from the songbirds.

Birds seen today were, Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Chiffchaff, Nuthatch, Wren, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Swift , House Martin, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Coot and Mallard.

No comments:

Post a Comment