Wednesday 26 December 2012

Lady Bradford's, Castle Bromwich.









I was visiting family near Castle Bromwich today, so rather than stay in bed I thought I'd get up early and go visit Lady Bradford's for an hour or so. When I got there about 7:30 it was still dark, in fact the sun didn't rise until just after 8:00, but even before it was light there were still Robin and Blackbird to see and hear, as well as seeing the Gulls and Woodpigeon flying from East to West.

Birds seen were Buzzard, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin, Wren, Starling, Song Thrush, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Grey Wagtail, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie and Woodpigeon.

Weather dependent (which doesn't look too promising at the moment) I'll be visiting Witton Lakes and Brookvale Park in Erdington tomorrow, if I don't manage to get any birding done then today will be my last venture out for 2012 because Saturday I'm off to see the Villa thrash Wigan, so I'd like to wish everyone who reads this blog a very Happy New Year for 2013 again and here's to plenty more birding in 2013 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment