Monday 20 February 2023

Newhall Valley Country Park.








Great visit to Newhall Valley Country Park in Royal Sutton Coldfield, where it was actually quite warm, didn't stop both the neighbours having their heating on full blast when I got home, they have both had it on twenty four hours a day for over five months now but I digress, as I drew up in the car park this morning and there were Redwing foraging on the grass right in front of the car which was a nice surprise, then shortly after leaving the car park I spotted a Little Egret high up in a tree and actually managed to get under the branch to get some photos that is until a rude dog walker scared it off, I say rude as other dog walkers managed to walk by without scaring it off, there was quite a lot of birdsong to be heard with plenty of Song Thrush in particular in full voice.

Spot of the day had to be the sighting of a Goldcrest, saying that I've currently got (at least) one visiting my garden, which when I got home and was cleaning my boots was singing to me from the apple tree in my garden, as I've said before I do love to see all the birds, but it is nice to see something you don't see all the time, a bird seen more commonly of late is Parakeet which unusually wasn't seen until the very end of my visit today, last but not least it was a real pleasure to see many mixed flocks of Tit and Finch, especially as they will soon go their seperate ways when it's breeding season and food is more readily available.

Birds seen this morning were, Goldcrest, House Sparrow, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Starling, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Parakeet, Redwing, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Moorhen, Coot, Mallard and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment