Tuesday 28 July 2020

Ward End Park.








Quick walk around Ward End Park and the lake this morning where I never would have guessed what the highlight of the morning would have been, namely that of eleven Tufted Duck juveniles, seven in one family and four in the other which is something that most years I don't get to see, also great to see was a hybrid Mallard Duckling, pity there was only one though.

Literally as I said there was no House Sparrow I just happened to hear some, I'm glad to see that they still have a presence there, as per usual the park was corvid city, with many Carrion Crow and Magpie on site.

Birds seen today were, House Sparrow, Goldfinch, Long Tailed Tit, Chiffchaff, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Little Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Tufted Duck, Mallard and Canada Goose.

Juveniles seen today, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Coot, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow and Magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment