Tuesday 4 February 2020

Plantsbrook Local Nature Reserve.





Great to visit Plantsbrook Local Nature Reserve again where it was much windier and colder than last week, the cold doesn't bother me at all but the wind isn't ideal when trying to listen for birdsong, saying that the Nutchatch were very vocal for some reason.

Before I'd even got out of the car I could already hear, Blue, Great and Long Tailed Tit, as well as Robin and Blackbird which is always a good sign, in typical fashion the Blue and Great Tit were foraging among the trees and the Long Tailed Tit were flitting from tree to tree.

It was great to see the Muscovy Duck has still got all it's cheekiness and followed me all around the large pool, the pair of Domestic Duck were on the smallest pool and enjoyed the seed I had taken for them, it was also nice to see Goosander still present even though I didn't see any Shoveler or Gadwall, it was also great to see that some of the Great Crested Grebe have already 'paired up'.

Birds seen today were, Nuthatch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Robin, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Cormorant, Goosander, Great Crested Grebe, Muscovy Duck, Domestic Duck, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Moorhen, Coot and Canada Goose.

I'll hopefully do another post later this week, probably from a location in Warwickshire.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment