Wednesday 6 February 2019

Ward End Park.







As you can see I've finally paid Ward End Park and pool a visit and on the whole the pool improvements don't look too bad, the water in the 'corner' by the main entrance was filthy and full of litter but surprisingly the rest of the water was looking good, the islands were a bit of mixed bunch, at least they are still there for starters as I feared they would have been leveled, in my opinion they have been a bit harsh with the cutting back of the trees but on the other hand if the works being down and you have the access maybe it was the right thing to do, at least the waterfowl still have decent access to the islands because when passing on the road it doesn't appear that way, the corner of the wooded area by the boathouse has remained untouched and hasn't been touched for years because that's where the junkies throw their discarded syringes and according to Birmingham city council 'we like to leave that area as a natural habitat for the wildlife' even though they know it's full of highly dangerous needles, and that's a direct quote so if anyone from the council wishes to call me a liar, feel free to contact me over the issue and I'll discuss it, you won't though because you've always treated me with utter contempt, you even called me a liar to my face in my own house even though I had a Councillors backing, anyway I digress, God help you if wander into that area unknowingly.

What about the birds I hear you say, nice to see that House Sparrows are still present near the houses as are Great Spotted Woodpecker around the pool, a very pleasant surprise was to see Stock Dove, a bird you don't see a lot of in Birmingham, sadly on the pool there wasn't a single Coot, they must have gone when all the maintenance was being done, hopefully they'll return before the breeding season starts again.

Birds seen today were, House Sparrow, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Stock Dove, Feral Pigeon, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Mute Swan, Moorhen, Mallard and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment