Monday 23 May 2016

Cole End Local Nature Reserve, Coleshill.






Nice trip over to North Warwickshire to visit Cole End Local Nature Reserve in Coleshill which looked really great with all the vibrant colours.

There wasn't a huge lot of bird activity but it was nice to have the walk and see the birds that I did see.

Birds seen today were, Reed Bunting, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chiffchaff, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Wren, Robin, Starling, Song Thrush, Jay, Collared Dove, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, House Martin, Swift, Pheasant (cock) and Mallard.

I saw two separate flocks of c.100+ Starling which held many a noisy Starlings, I also see large numbers of House Sparrow, while I didn't see any juveniles locals told me it's been a good year for them.

I know that the last picture is Greater Stitchwort but does anyone know what's in the picture before, I think it's Slender Toothwort but I'm not sure.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest Lady's Smock/Cuckoo Flower for the plant above Greater Stitchwort but having googled Slender Toothwort I am not so sure! The flowers of both plants do look similar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the taking the time out to investigate, like you say both flowers are very similar, I'll get to the bottom of it eventually :)

      Delete