Saturday 30 July 2011

Pype Hayes Park.







Another trip to Pype Hayes park to see how the Cygnets are getting on and all five are healthy and doing well, as are all the Goslings who are now fully grown. There was also 19 Ducklings today, all about 1-2 days old, I didn't see any nests there but there is an excellent small island on the pool out of harms way where the Mallards , Coots and Canada Geese must have raised their young. Birds spotted today were Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Jackdaw, Jay, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren, Dunnock, Mute Swan as well as the following juveniles/young Duckling (19) Coot (1) Robin, Magpie, Woodpigeon and even a baby Grey Squirrel. I don't know if it's the warm weather but I saw five or six lots of white dog poo today, I know everything is retro these days but this is getting ridiculous, in fact I felt compelled to listen to 'Reward' by 'The Teardrop Explodes', 'Centrefold' by 'The J.Geils Band', and 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' by 'Eddie and The Hotrods' when I got home !

2 comments:

  1. Eddie & The Hot Rods...now thats a blast from the past. 'Life On The Line' has to be one of my all time fav albums (check out 'Beginning Of The End...awesome track).

    Keep bloggin' Vinster!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nearly put the link for 'Beginning Of The End' like you say, what an awesome tune! but I went for 'Do Anything You Wanna Do' instead. The reissue of 'Life On The Line' has got 9 bonus tracks if you haven't already got it.

    Take care mate.... :)

    ReplyDelete