Sunday 26 June 2011

British Speedway Grand Prix, Millenium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales.











No actual birding as such today being as I went to Cardiff's Millenium Stadium to watch the British Speedway Grand Prix, so this a post with a difference. We left on the coach from Coventry Speedway stadium at 8:00am (after getting up at 5:00am) and the birds I saw in Coventry were Pied Wagtail, House Martin and Swallow. Along the motorway birds spotted were Buzzard and Kestrel, it was also Corvid city, with Carrion Crows, Rooks, Magpies etc aplenty. We arrived at Cardiff at 11:30 am were we walked around Bute Park opposite the stadium and a walk along a section of the River Taff were birds spotted were Swallow, House Martin, Swift, Chaffinch, Great Tit chick, House Sparrow and Starling as well as plenty of Gullage, i.e. Lesser Black Backed and Greater Black Backed, no Herring Gulls though. There was a few Mallards on the River Taff but strangely enough no Canada Geese. Bute Park is apparently home to Cuckoo's but unfortunately I didn't see any, without my binoculars, plenty of leaf cover for the birds, the park being in the centre of Cardiff and the limited time span, I was lucky to see  what I did. After yet another great British Grand Prix we arrived back at Coventry at midnight and arrived back in Birmingham at 1:00 am. Like I said not my greatest ever post on birding, but I still like to keep my eyes open wherever I go for our feathered friends !

No comments:

Post a Comment