Wednesday 29 November 2017

Southfields Farm, Coleshill.






Another great visit to Southfields Farm today where I had the pleasure of seeing John (the owner of the farm) during my walk, it was good to see him and have a quick chat.

I really wanted to see some Autumn/Winter visitors today and was only slightly let down because I saw plenty of Redwing and Fieldfare which possibly numbered in the hundreds, I only ever saw them flying overhead or from one tree to another in the distance so I didn't get to observe them closely but all the same it was great to know they were there especially in those numbers, funnily enough it was a similar story with the Linnets, even though they were present in good numbers I only saw them briefly fly up into the air only to come back down again in another part of the field where the over winter seed is grown for them by John, it was also only at the very end of my walk where I was lucky enough to see Yellowhammer in the hedgerows.

Birds seen today were, Kestrel, Buzzard, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch, c.40 Goldfinch, Linnet, Yellowhammer, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Starling, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Fieldfare, Redwing, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie and Woodpigeon.

Being as John grows plenty of seed for the birds he hasn't put any seed  down on the track yet, that will be around Christmastime so it will be well worth visiting then when the tracks will be awash of birds including, Yellowhammer, Tits, Finches, Robin, Dunnock, House Sparrow and Blackbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment