Monday 3 April 2017

Southfields Farm, Coleshill.






Another trip to Southfields Farm in Coleshill but with a slight twist today, I thought I'd walk the opposite way and veer off the path I normally take which was a great decision because I found a small to medium sized pool that I've never noticed walking the other way, hopefully there will be juvenile birds inhabiting it very soon.

Now spring is finally here and in full flow, the huge flocks of birds that I've seen at this location have now gone but it was still nice to Yellowhammer, Linnet and more Skylark than I've ever seen at any other site, excitingly as well as seeing and hearing them singing, hovering and parachuting back down, they were returning the same spot on the floor so they are hopefully already nesting, I must also mention the customary huge number of House Sparrow. Two of the first birds I always see when I'm out birding are Blue and Great Tit, strangely they were the very last birds I spotted today.

Birds seen today were, Yellowhammer, Skylark, Linnet, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chiffchaff, Chaffinch,  Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Starling, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Pied Wagtail, Moorhen, Mallard as well as Grey Heron and Cormorant flying overhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment