Sunday 13 March 2016

Cannon Hill Park and Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Edgabston.






Two trips yesterday in the Edgaston area, even though I was in the area for other reasons I still took in a couple of visits to check what birds I could see.

First off it was a brief walk around the wonderful Cannon Hill Park where the was plenty of birds singing, highlight if the day was the cheeky chappy in the top photographs, I do love Squirrels just a pity I didn't have any food for him. This location has always been a stronghold for Grey Squirrels and today was no different as they were everywhere, the large Feral Pigeon population were also very evident. 

Birds seen were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Godfinch, Robin, Dunnock, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Moorhen, Coot, Domestic Duck, Mallard and Canada Goose.

Canon Hill Park is definitely on my list for another visit in the near future especially when there's lot's of juvenile birds about.






Then it was off to Birmingham Botanical Gardens for another brief visit, it was nice to see the place coming into it's own with Spring nearly upon us.

I didn't see many wild birds but I did see the following, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Greenfinch, Robin, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Magpie as well as Pintail (female) Tufted Duck and Moorhen in the open water enclosure.

I don't approve of captive animals by the way, I only took photographs to record what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment