Thursday 21 January 2016

Cole End Park Local Nature Reserve, Coleshill.





Another trip out to North Warwickshire thanks to the horrendous road works in Birmingham, this time it was to Cole End Park Local Nature Reserve which even though it was very quiet it was still worth the trip on a lovely cold and crisp morning.

Highlight of the day was seeing a very bare row of bushes which looked like they were lit up by small yellow torches which were of a course a wonderful flock of Siskin, you forget what a great looking bird they are when you haven't seen them for a while.

I've also never seen so many Wren in one morning as I did today, what another wonderful little bird, I actually had one grace my garden yesterday, I watched for a good five minutes foraging among the undergrowth.

Flying overhead I saw a pair of Little Egret, Grey Heron and Cormorants.

I also saw a Sparrowhawk twice today, one swooping down into a wooded area and the other swooped in front of the car and the way home, it was a bit close for comfort but it did manage to make it to the other side of the road.

Birds seen today were, Sparrowhawk, Siskin, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock. Wren, Starling, Redwing, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Little Egret, Moorhen and Mallard.

No comments:

Post a Comment