Saturday 1 August 2015

Sutton Park.







Back to Sutton Park today mainly because you may have noticed that I've purchased a new camera, I did want to get decent photos of the Mandarin Ducks but only the female was there again. If you already like my photos hopefully my future ones will be even better.

Blackroot Pool was very quiet today with only the female Mandarin Duck, a couple of Coot, but plenty of Mallard and Black Headed Gull present, it was nice to see five small Mallard Ducklings though.

I visited the pool at the beginning and the end of my visit with the rest of the morning compromising of walking around large parts of the wood and heathland where I heard many Great Spotted Woodpecker and obviously saw plenty of Rabbits.

Birds seen today were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chiffhcaff, Dunnock, Robin, Blackbird, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Jay, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Mandarin Duck (female), Moorhen, Domestic Duck, Mallard as well as the following juveniles, Mallard Duckling (5), Carrion Crow and Magpie.

Also worth a mention was the sighting of a Sparrowhawk swopping in front of the car on the journey there which promptly landed on a rooftop, it was very lucky not to get run over.

No comments:

Post a Comment