Saturday 4 April 2015

Sutton Park.





I finally got to Sutton Park this morning after having to call the AA out because of a flat battery on the car after stopping mid journey. 

Highlight of the day was as you can see was seeing male and female Mandarin Ducks, while the male clearly looks magnificent the female also looks rather nice herself. Hopefully these will pair up and breed this year. Other than that I didn't see a lot of birds but as I've mentioned I had to have a shorter visit than I woild have liked even though I did get a couple of hours in which was spent mainly around Blackroot Pool and not the heathland which I wanted to explore.

Birds seen today were (male and female) Mandarin, Kestrel, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Goldfinch, Goldcrest, Robin, Starling, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Pied Wagatil, Grey Wagtail (including a pair), Grey Heron, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Mallard, Domestic Duck and Canada Goose.

As you can see there's also one less Woodpigeon in the world, no doubt a victim of a Sparrowhawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment