Tuesday 3 March 2015

Shustoke Reservoir.




I couldn't go birding last week due to other commitments so I thought I'd revisit the location of my last trip out which happened to be Shustoke Reservoir.

Spot of the day had to be seeing a male Stonechat which I must admit was pointed out to me by a local birder I was talking to, other good spots were a pair of Goldcrest, a Treecreeper, a great mixed flock of .c50 Goldfinch and Chaffinch, many singing Song Thrush, a flock of .80 Woodpigeon, c.50 Tufted Duck on the Fly Fishers Pool where there were also six Little Grebe so hopefully I might see some juvenile Little Grebe this Spring.

I also saw five Buzzard circling over the farmers fields which is not a number I see very often hunting together. 

Birds seen today were Buzzard, Stonechat (male), Goldcrest, Treecreeper, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Pied Wagtail, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, Coot, Gadwall, Pochard, Tufted Duck, Mallard and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment