Friday 16 January 2015

Kingsbury Water Park, North Warwickshire.






I decided to visit Kingsbury Water Park in North Warwickshire again after last Friday's enjoyable visit and today didn't disappoint either especially with all the wonderful Shoveler still present on the largest lake.

As like last weeks visit there were plenty of Tits and Finches present plus an abundance of Robin's with literally hundreds seen today. A pleasant surprise as well was to see a pair of Goldcrest in amongst a mixed flock of Tits which also mainly contained Long Tailed Tits. Also still present today were the Little Egret colony, I didn't see as many as last week but they were still in double figures. On one of the smaller lakes there was a flock of fourteen Cormorant, I don't normally see that many together on a small pool. Also nice to see were .c130 Canada Geese grazing on the grass and nearby on the banks of the River Tame.

Last week I mentioned that I thought I saw a Carrion Crow in a tree but then said oh no it's a black carrier bag but for some reason I thought the same but something made me take a closer look through the binoculars and I was indeed it was a bird or to be more precise it was a the remains of a Carrion Crow stuck high up in a tree as you can see in the last picture.

Birds seen today were, Goldcrest, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Starling, Song Thrush, Jay, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Pied Wagtail, Little Egret, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Shoveler, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Domestic Duck, Greylag Goose and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment