Friday 9 January 2015

Kingsbury Water Park, North Warwickshire.




Finally got to Kingsbury Water Park a week later than planned, I've been trying for a week but due to rain and hurting my leg it didn't happen, it was worth the wait though with quite a few highlights.

First off,  I've rarely seen more than one Little Egret in one place at the same time so to see fourteen was quite a sight, they were on a island with lots of trees and bushes so there may have been even more, on the pool adjacent there were c.200 Shoveler which was amazing to see, it was just a pity I couldn't get a photo because whenever I got near them they were off. In a field that is adjacent to the park there were c.100 Canada Goose grazing on the grass, it's always nice to see Goose grazing out of harms way where people leave them alone. Talking of Geese there were twenty four Greylag Geese present which is more than my last visit so they may have been joined by other birds or they could have been in two separate groups on my last visit. I also had a flock of c.40 Lapwing fly over, they may have landed somewhere else in the park but I'm not sure. Also worth a mention was the sighting of a flock of c.50 Goldfinch along with the many other smaller flocks of Tits and Finches I saw today.

Birds seen today were Buzzard, Kestrel, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Robin, Starling, Pied Wagtail, Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Collared Dove, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Shoveler, Gadwall, Pochard, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Domestic Duck, Moorhen, Coot, Great Crested Grebe, Greylag Goose and Canada Goose.

I shall uploaded videos from today's visit on my YouTube channel in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment