Thursday 27 November 2014

Ward End Park.




Had a trip to Ward End Park today being as I was passing through the area and had an hour to spare.

Nothing much to report really apart from there were the usual c.100 Canada Goose present, both on the water and feeding on the grass, there was also a lone Domestic Duck but unfortunately the Silver Appleyard Duck I've seem on previous visits was nowhere to be seen, let's hope it was just out of sight and no harm has come to it like the Mute Swan (one of this years Cygnets) at Pype Hayes Park that has been found beheaded and dumped on the grass, I don't know anymore about this despicable act but I have seen the pictures and I'll let you know more if and when I find anything more about this incident.

Birds seen today were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Goldfinch, Wren, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Pied Wagtail, Grey Heron, Cormorant, Coot, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Domestic Duck, Greylag Goose and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment