Tuesday 12 August 2014

Sheldon Country Park.




Trip over to Sheldon Park today to take in some Birding, Plane, Train and Emergency Service Vehicle spotting.

To be honest birds, butterflies and wildlife in general where pretty quiet today hence the photos of my other hobbies, the only exciting thing that happened was when I was going through the long grass to get a photo of Birmingham Airport Fire and Rescue OSHKOSH Striker I accidentally spooked a Green Woodpecker that was foraging on the ground who then proceeded to fly towards the grass at the end of the runway whilst loudly making it's displeasure known for my untoward interruption.

Birds seen today were Sparrowhawk, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Robin, House Martin, Green Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie as well as the following juveniles, Great Spotted Woodpecker and Carrion Crow.

Butterflies seen were Speckled Wood and Meadow Brown.

Regardless of what birds and wildlife I did or didn't see, needless to say it's always nice to get and about anyway.


Yesterday this huge beast was on the wall in the back garden, I'm no expert but I would say it's a Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment