Tuesday 1 July 2014

Pype Hayes Park.






Today was about time I paid a visit to Pype Hayes Park especially with the nice sunny weather and it was lucky I did because there were plenty of juvenile birds around including Song Thrush of which I can say I've never seen so many in one place, I'd say there were between thirty and forty, possibly more though because apart from the countless birds foraging on the grass there were still plenty more flying from tree to tree.

It was still nice to see plenty of waterfowl juveniles but I didn't get a 'head' count today because I was too busy chewing the fat with some of the locals.

I haven't been to this park since the third of May but I did notice a Great Crested Grebe still on the nest, I say still on the nest I presume it's another nest and they lost the last chicks to a Grey Heron or the many Corvid's that are resident in and around the park, last year they didn't successfully raise any young and sadly I can't see this year being any different.

Birds seen were Buzzard, Kestrel, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, Robin, House Sparrow, Starling, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Jay, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Muscovy Duck, Mallard, Canada Goose as well as the following juveniles, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Jay, Magpie, Starling, Duckling, Moorhen, Canada Goose and Black Headed Gull.

No comments:

Post a Comment