Saturday 15 March 2014

Kingsbury Water Park.






Nice trip out to Kingsbury Water Park in North Warwickshire today where it was very mild with no threat of rain whatsoever, in fact the ground was surprisingly dry with only a few patches of boggy grass and my boots didn't even warrant a clean when I got home. 

All the usual birds were present and correct including many Tits and Finches as well as some friendly Robins and Chaffinches who were only to eager to take up my offer of some bird seed. On one of the farmers field that border the park was a nice flock of Redwing. I know I bang on a bit about the House Sparrow but it's hard no too when they've had such a dramatic decline in recent years, so it was nice yet again to report they numbered in the hundreds yet again today with them spotted all around my walk today,  I did a special mixture of bird seed, sunflower hearts, suet pellets and mealworms this morning because I know of some hedgerow where large numbers congregate so I left it in a good spot for them and suffice to say when I finished my walk it had practically all gone, so when I left I put down the bird seed I'd got left of which they will no doubt will enjoy. Waterfowl it was nice to see Shoveler, Goosander, Gadwall and the resident Greylag Geese and lone Domestic Duck.

Birds seen today were Buzzard, Kestrel, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Greenfinch, House Sparrow, Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Starling, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Redwing, Jay, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Grey Heron, Cormorant, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Coot, Shoveler, Goosander, Gadwall, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Domestic Duck, Greylag Goose and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment