Wednesday 4 December 2013

Edgbaston Reservoir.






Today was last birding trip out for this week and I rounded it off with the third visit to Edgbaston in five days, after the previous visits Canon Hill Park and Martineau Gardens it was time for a visit to Edgbaston Reservoir where even though it was nice to visit and see all the Autumnal colours it was unfortunately very quite bird wise and I only saw one Grey Squirrel which is highly unusual.

Highlight of the day was having a Robin (the same one ?) come up to me for food as I was sitting on the exact same bench having lunch as my previous visit and he even appeared from the exact same bush as the last time, needless to say he enjoyed some of my cheese as well as some bird seed that I always take everywhere with me. Like I said it was very quite bird wise, both on and off the water apart from a few mixed Tit and Finch flocks.

Birds seen today were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Starling, Pied Wagtail, Grey Wagtail, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Mallard and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment