Sunday 17 November 2013

Sutton Park.











Trip out to Sutton Park today even though there was an omnipresent threat of rain from the moment I was filling up the bird feeders in the back garden at 7.00 a.m. until I'd actually finished my visit to Sutton Park at 1.00 p.m.but thankfully despite a bit of light drizzle it didn't rain and the decision to go birding was thankfully the right one.

Highlights of the day were seeing four (two male and two female) Bullfinch feeding in an Ash tree, seeing a flock of .c50 Siskin feeding in amongst a bunch of Alder trees and also flying overhead and seeing a good flock of c.100 Starling also flying overhead.

Birds seen were Kestrel, Siskin, Nuthatch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Starling, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Coot, Mallard, Tufted Duck and Canada Goose.

Unfortunately apart from the ever present Blackbird I didn't see a single Thrush today which was a shame because with this wonderful mixed habitat I thought I would see plenty of Redwing, Fieldfare and Song Thrush today.

What I did see plenty of was Fungi, especially the wonderful Fly Agaric, which of which I must have seen at least fifty today which was a pleasant surprise because I only normally find small clumps of them unlike today where I spent a good thirty minutes photographing them at one spot alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment