Saturday 9 November 2013

Lady Bradford's, Castle Bromwich.







Trip out to Lady Bradford's in Castle Bromwich today where strangely enough I'd already anticipated the highlight of the day before I'd even arrived, namely that of seeing a pair of Goldcrest, for some reason as soon as the weather starts going cooler you'll always find at least one pair of Goldcrest at this location and today thankfully didn't disprove that theory. Other highlights included seeing large numbers of Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Goldfinch, Starling and a flock of c.50 Redwing. There was also a good number of Nuthatch about. Another spot was that of seeing a Woodpigeon fly past me me like the clappers with a Sparrowhawk in hot pursuit, I have no idea if the Woodpigeon escaped the Sparrowhawks clutches, but hopefully it did. Also seen today was a Buzzard when I entered the site, which I had inadvertently spooked as it was sitting on the branches at the extremity of tree which overlooks the grassland, nine times out of ten you'll see a Buzzard here so I guess it must be resident here.

Another highlight of visiting Lady Bradford's in the Autumn is the amazing amounts of Fungi to be found and today was no exception with over one hundred photographs taken today of many different varieties.

Birds seen today were Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Wren, Dunnock, Robin, Starling, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Redwing, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Carrion Crow and Magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment