Saturday 5 October 2013

Shustoke Reservoir.






Yes, you did read the header right, it was back to Shustoke Reservoir today again after Wednesday's shenanigans, a day which started off sunny and went quite dark and overcast mid morning.

Bird wise it was very quiet, which wasn't helped either way with sailing boats out on the reservoir and people in boats fishing on the fly fishers pool saying that there were still plenty of songbirds present including an excellent mixed Tit flock in the bushes in the car park.

Birds seen were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Chiffchaff, Wren, Robin, Wren, Dunnock, Starling, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Pied Wagtail, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Lapwing, Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Tufted Duck, Mallard and Canada Goose.



The above picture is 140kg of Bucktons Wild Bird Seed, which is my birds in the garden sorted for the coming Autumn and Winter, I will always take some with me wherever I go and when I'm out birding so I can leave some food for our feathered friends to help them through the hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment