Wednesday 2 October 2013

Shustoke Resevoir.




Unfortunately, today ended up being a bit of non event because after about thirty minutes into today's trip to Shustoke Reservoir my two month old camera decided to have a lens error malfunction with the lens fully extended so I had to go back to the car where in the meantime it started to drizzle, so I just decided to give up, I should have known today was going to be different because when I was getting in the car to set off a Sparrowhawk was chasing a poor unfortunate songbird across the road at quite a speed, the Sparrowhawk then reappeared back across the road within half a minute hopefully without the poor bird.

For the record, birds seen on today's very short visit were Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Robin, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Pied Wagtail, Blackbird, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Cormorant, Little Grebe, Great Crested Grebe, Coot, Tufted Duck, Mallard and Canada Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment