Saturday 7 September 2013

Lady Bradford's, Castle Bromwich.






Had a walk around Lady Bradford's, St. Mary and St. Margaret church and the kirkyard in Castle Bromwich for a change, where on the whole it was very quiet bird wise but the one major difference from my last visit was the change in the vegetation, there are are now many thousand Teasel, which is good news for the Finches, also the Bramble, Rosebay Willowherb and Nettles have completely run riot leaving some of the paths completely impassable, hopefully that means plenty of Blackberries for the birds in the winter months.

Birds seen were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Willow Warbler, Wren, Robin, Starling, Great Spotted Woodpecker, (many) Song Thrush, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon and Feral Pigeon.


After I got in and had a shower I was greeted to the sight of the Sparrowhawk above swooping in and narrowly missing the House Sparrows on the feeders, thankfully they flew into the pyracanthas in a flash but even that didn't stop my foe standing on top of the pyracanthas and try and grab one of my Sparrows and yes I do mean my Sparrows being as we're the only people in my house who bother to feed them around my area and invest time and money trying to keep them safe, hopefully they'll all live to see today and many more days, the garden would be a much duller place without the humble House Sparrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment