Wednesday 29 May 2013

Gumbleberry's Pool, Stechford.






Even though it was raining when I got up, I decided to go ahead with the planned trip to Gumbleberry's Pool in Stechford in the hope that the weather would get brighter, if didn't, all the same I still had a ninety minute walk around anyway whilst trying to get some birding done, which wasn't easy.

Birds I actually managed to see were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Greenfinch, Chaffinch, Chiffchaff, House Sparrow, Robin, Starling, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Moorhen, Coot, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Canada Goose as well as the following young, Canada Goose Gosling (14) and Coot (4), the Coot chicks were especially young, only a day or two old by the size of them. There were also 3 Canada Goose on the nest with at least 12 eggs that I could see.

The leaf in the last but one photo is that of a Japanese Maple (Acer Palmatum), which look conspicuously like Ganja leaves of which my neighbour insists on smoking and thus polluting my back garden with the undeniable smell of his Jamaican Woodbines. 

The litter in the last photo is one bag of five what was collected from around every bush or tree and the pool. I've commented on the litter at this location before but it really is disgusting and has to be seen to be believed, there is a bridge that divides the pool into two and there were that many carrier bags under it that the waterfowl had to walk or fly around it just to navigate it, like I say, completely disgusting. In every lot of litter collected or fished out of the river was the tell tale sign it was the so called fisherman or chavs with sticks as I've christened them, namely empty sweetcorn tins, also found was some discarded fishing line and alcohol can plastic ring holders, they are a complete disgrace to the art of Angling. You certainty don't see all this litter and man made rubbish on Springwatch. Talking of Springwatch I'm listening to The Clash whilst typing this post being as Chris Packham has decided that's the band he's chosen to shoehorn song titles of in this year. Clash City Rockers !

On a brighter note I've had an adult Dunnock feeding a chick on the lawn yesterday and today, which is great too see.

No comments:

Post a Comment