Tuesday 12 February 2013

Babbs Mill Nature Reserve, Kingshurst.









An early morning trip to Solihull was the order of the day today where bird wise there wasn't much happening at all, in fact the spot of the day was seeing .c50 Goldfinch fly over the house when I arrived home. Since the first snow fall a couple of weeks back the Pied Wagtail who came when the snow was on the floor has still been visiting on a daily basis for a good forage around the garden, I presume when it warms up and there are more insects are about he'll be off until we have snow again.

Back to Babbs Mill, birds seen today were Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Starling, Jay, Blackbird, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Pied Wagtail, Cormorant, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Tufted Duck, Mallard, Domestic Goose and Canada Goose. 

The last but one picture is where the council are supposedly creating a brand new reed filter bed over 1000 meters deep, I think they mean wide, a silt trap and weir refurbishment, I hope they do a better job than they did on the new cycle path, which is the last picture, which is a complete joke where the path and all the surrounding areas are completely flooded including the grass which is ankle deep in places, pathetic !

I also had the misfortune to meet the one of the most odious, ill mannered, self righteous and foul mouthed women I've ever had the misfortune to meet, she had at least seven dogs running riot, chasing the geese and ducks into the water, which she seemed to think was acceptable, in fact the water fowl were getting in the way of her dog walking, she also let the dogs crap wherever they felt like it without even picking it up, she then proceeded to shout, rant and swear at one the local elderly dog walkers for having the audacity to walk his dog, which was on lead near the dogs she was walking, when she'd finished with him it was my turn to be on the end of her foul mouthed rant for allegedly taking photographs of her, which I hadn't and isn't against the law anyway, she even then threatened to phone the police which I actually encouraged her to do, I stood my ground with her, I've had better arguments with people bigger and uglier than she was, without lowering myself to her language and attitude. As if this wasn't bad enough she wasn't walking the dogs for fun, she was doing it for a living, absolutely unbelievable, she works for Walkies Pet Service in Solihull, phone number 01675 442 442 (a Coleshill number) and her company vehicle registration was YD57JKE. If by any chance you are that woman and you read this, sue me, because I've already reported you to the council and the police and apparently you're known for this kind of behaviour, you horrid piece of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment