Saturday 20 October 2012

Pype Hayes Park.






First trip to Pype Hayes Park for a while, which is in it's full Autumn glory. Highlight of the day is easy today, a flock of Siskin by the river which is unfortunately also adjacent to the Golf Club, I say unfortunate becuase it was a couple of Golfers shouting which scared the Siskin off almost as soon as I spotted them so it was impossible to ascertain how many were there, all I can say is there appeared to be more females than males. A close second was seeing a Fox cub jump out of some bushes into some foraging Woodpigeons and very nearly got one by jumping into the air after it, I'd only been told this morning by a local resident and friend Mr. Raymond Wilkes that there were Foxes and cubs around and lo and behold I saw one myself. Also spotted was a Kestrel being aggressively mobbed by four Magpies every time it was trying to hover but I think it got it's own back because the other end of the park a Kestrel flew past the trees and flushed all the Woodpigeons and Corvids out into the open. I thought I might see my first Redwing or Fieldfares of the season today because this a favourite haunt of theirs but alas none have arrived yet. There were plenty of juvenile Woodpigeon about today which is just as well with Foxes and Raptors about.

Birds seen today were Kestrel, Grey Wagtail, Siskin, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren, Robin, Starling, Jay, Song Thrush, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Mute Swan, Moorhen, Coot, Mallard, Canada Goose and five Cygnets who'll probably be off to pastures soon no doubt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment