Wednesday 22 August 2012

Pype Hayes Park.













Short trip around Pype Hayes Park, the Pool and a walk along the Plants Brook this nice and cool morning.

Birds spotted were, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Robin, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Mute Swan, Coot, Mallard, Canada Goose, Herring Gull and the following juveniles, Cygnet (5), Moorhen (1) and Goldfinch.

While I was walking along the Plants Brook there seemed to be an awful lot of Tit activity with Blue, Great and Long Tailed moving about frantically and moving over the other side of the the river and then sure enough a Sparrowhawk swooped above the trees but didn't seem to catch anything neither did the Kestrel further along by the flats because it was being mobbed by a solitary Carrion Crow. Everywhere I go, Goldfinch seem to have had a good breeding year as just like today there was plenty of juveniles amongst the flocks of approximately forty and thirty that I saw today.

The two large white Funghi were a very fortunate spot being as I saw them while approaching the car park to go home, I was a good hundred yards away when I noticed the two large white orbs on the side of a tree which I nearly dismissed as some kind of litter but fortunately I had a peek through the binoculars only too be greeted with them two beauties which were roughly eight inches across between them, I think they are are Cystoderma Carcharias but I am by no means sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment