Tuesday 24 July 2012

New Hall Valley Country Park.






A trip to New Hall Valley Country Park was the order of the day today and instead of the very inclement weather of late it was actually too warm if anything what with there being no breeze at all but at least we were blessed with wonderful blue skies for a change. Birds spotted were, Buzzard, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Bullfinch (male), Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Whitethroat, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Swift, Swallow, House Martin, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Grey Heron, Mallard and the following juvenile birds, Goldfinch, Blue Tit and Duckling (8). There was at least two Bullfinch when I spotted them in a tree this morning but I could only identify a male, hopefully it was a male and female pair though. Whilst walking along the Plants Brook I heard plenty of Wren's but unfortunately I didn't actually spot one but they were along the stretch of water making their very audible chirping. When I was feeding the birds in the back garden after I got up, I couldn't help see or hear the many swift in the air, when it was wet you were lucky to see five but there was easily fifty or more early today. which was nice to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment