Tuesday 10 July 2012

Meriden Park, Solihull.













Quick sixty minute walk around Meriden Park and Meriden Park woodland trail whilst passing on through to Solihull on business. Highlight of the morning was seeing a lone Greenfinch treating me to some wonderful singing at the top of a Silver Birch tree. Birds spotted today were, Greenfinch, Chiffchaff, House Sparrow, Wren, Starling, Jay, Pied Wagtail, Swift, Blackbird, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Mallard, Coot, Canada Goose and the following juveniles, Cygnet (4), Coot and Carrion Crow. I also heard but didn't see plenty of other birds, basically the usual suspects like Song Thrush, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin etc, but like I said before this was a quick walk through visit. It's not very often you see a Silver Birch growing at 45 degrees, how I've never noticed this tree before, god only knows. In the back garden I'm having a second wave of House Sparrow and Starling Juvenile chicks, the House Sparrow juveniles are stripping the bird seed feeders of seed at an incredible rate while the Starling juveniles demolish the fat balls and fat cakes in a couple of visits ! The juvenile Blackbirds are still coming back to the garden daily, there is definitely one male and one female because I had two in the garden when I came back today, but I've not had the three out there at once since they were fledglings.     

No comments:

Post a Comment