Saturday 21 April 2012

Pype Hayes Park.






First trip out for a week due to it raining on the days I could go out, still you can't moan when it rains because it'll be for the greater good in the long run and I did have the added bonus of seeing my first juvenile Robin of the year in the back garden foraging about for insects in one of my log piles, I also saw the female Sparrowhawk on a couple of occasions who was unsuccessful in taking any birds. I also had to curtail my visit to Pype Hayes today because of the rain, on the two hours I was there, birds spotted were Buzzard, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Dunnock, Robin, Song Thrush, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Blackbird, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Tufted Duck, Coot, Mallard and Canada Goose. Today was the first time I've seen a Great Crested Grebe on Pype Hayes fishing pool, it was a shame for it though because for some reason it was being chased aggressively around the pool by the two Mute Swans even forcing the poor creature under the water. I also saw some Pulmonaria plants more commonly known as Lungwort and if you were watching Gardeners' World on BBC2 on Friday, you will know that this is an increasingly rare plant in the wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment