Saturday 28 January 2012

RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch 2012.


Haven't been able to go out birding for a while because I've been struck down by the deadliest disease known to man, the dreaded man flu ! My only birding has been confided to watching the birds in the the garden via the bedroom window, including today's one hour sit down for the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch 2012, which is the most birds you see at any one time, which yielded the following results :-

Blue Tit 2,
Great Tit 2, 
House Sparrow 24,
Wren 1,
Dunnock 1,
Robin 1,
Starling 12,
Blackbird 4,
Collared Dove 4,
Carrion Crow 3,
Magpie 3,
Woodpigeon 5,
Feral Pigeon 6.


Nice to see a Wren in the garden, I don't see one that often, it was having a lovely time finding insects in the moss on the apple tree and pottering about the plant pots, it was also great to see plenty of Blackbird activity, I love Blackbirds, it's funny the way they hop about the garden and turn over the leaves looking for insects, slugs and snails. Hopefully I will be over the dreaded lergy soon and then I'll be able to get out birding again ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment