Thursday 12 January 2012

Plantsbrook Nature Reserve.






Not the most exciting trip out, what with feeling a bit ill and the weather being a bit rubbish, I still had to get out though especially being as a I saw my first Kingfisher of the year, I actually frightened it away from where it was fishing, it then proceeded to look at me briefly from a branch not too far away then it was off so I didn't chance to determine it's sex. Birds spotted were, Kingfisher, Reed Bunting, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Robin, Collared Dove, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Tufted Duck, Herring Gull and Cormorant. Unusually there were 5 Cormorants at one of the pools today, maybe that's because it's too cold for the chavs with sticks to come out and scare them off. There was also plenty of Long Tailed Tits about today, which is always great to see,  them with their cheeky little faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment