Saturday 10 December 2011

Shustoke Reservoir.






A trip to Shustoke Reservoir and the surrounding areas today, where Jack Frost was very much in evidence. It was a great day for getting up early to do a spot of birding, with nice clear skies, no wind to speak of and the trees and bushes looking very bare. Birds spotted were, Kestrel, Buzzard, Siskin, Nuthatch, Bullfinch (Female) Chaffinch, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Wren, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Starling, Robin, Redwing, Song Thrush, Jay, Pied Wagtail, Pheasant (Cock and Hen) Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, Teal, Pochard, Tufted Duck, Pekin Duck and Cormorant. The Siskin seen were having a bath in a small inlet of water by the side of the River Bourne, which was nice to see. Even though I saw lots of Redwing today, there was easily 100 plus foraging in one of the farmers fields when a jogger came from one of the adjoining fields and scared them all off, I could have hit him ! It was also great to see some Coal Tits, being as I don't see them very often. Even if I do say so myself, I do love my photo of the train, very nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment