Friday 28 October 2011

Birmingham City Centre.







A bit different to my normal post this one. Whilst in Birmingham City Centre and after visiting Project Pigeon in Digbeth, I decided to have a a walk from the Custard Factory to the car park of the site of the old Curzon Street Railway Station (a derelict Grade I listed building) and up along the adjacent canal. In the sixty minutes this took, in between taking photos... I saw a surprisingly high number of birds, namely Pied Wagtail, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Dunnock, House Sparrow, Robin, Starling, Blackbird, Magpie, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon and Common Gull, nice to see so many birds near to the centre of Brum. I saw some Dunnocks foraging for food in the Custard Factory car park by the River Rea, and then remembered I'd seen a Rowan tree and people were treading on the fallen fruit, so I decided to gather a bag full (which brought some amusing looks from the passers by) and took them back to the car park and left them for the Dunnocks or whichever birds or wildlife found them first. The back gardens also getting busier now Autumns here, visitors this week have been Blackcap (female) Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Dunnock, Robin, House Sparrow, Starling, Blackbird, Collared Dove, Carrion Crow, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon and juvenile Collared Dove and Woodpigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment