Friday 15 July 2011

Pype Hayes Park and Plantsbrook Nature Reserve.

                   Pype Hayes Park.





                    Plantsbrook.


  
Quick visit to see if the Cygnets are still okay at Pype Hayes park, and all five are still doing well, birds spotted at Pype Hayes were Nuthatch, Swallow, Tufted Duck, Mute Swan, Cygnet (5) Duckling (5) and Coot chick (2) All fifteen of the Goslings here have now lost their down and are only slightly smaller than the adults. Birds seen at Plantsbrook were Great Spotted Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Swift, Long Tailed Tit, Robin (juvenile) Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, Tufted Duck, Cormorant, Great Crested Grebe chick (1) Moorhen chick (4) Duckling (5) and Coot chick (10) There only appears to be one of two Goslings left from the couple born from the female that was on the footpath, which is a shame, because they were really friendly which possibly was the downfall for one of them. I saw a female Mallard approximately four weeks ago with a broken wing, I did report it to the ranger but he was about much use as a B******ham C**y striker, 'we are a nature reserve not an animal sanctuary' he informed me, if that's the case he wants to pick up the copious amounts of litter I see on every visit instead of leaving it to mugs like me, I find it hard to just leave it there though, because of the dangers it presents to the wildlife, anyway this Mallard is still alive, but the twitching in it's wing has got more repetitive, hopefully she'll be okay though.


Literally seconds after I'd said today was a bit uneventful, I saw a dead cat in the road by the Fort Dunlop, so I went back, retrieved it, nearly getting run over by the moronic chavbag drivers, checked for a name tag, there was a collar but no name tag, so I took it home and buried it and gave it a decent send off, only realising later it could have been chipped, still it was better than leaving it where it was, because of the huge lorries that were only just missing it and nearly flattening the poor thing. There is only space for two cats left in the pet cemetery, sorry I mean back garden, one space for the resident cat (cover your ears 'Fudge') and one for another unfortunate find. 



No posts for a week, then my longest post (ooeerr missus) I am blessed with a long post even if I do say so myself. Hope you enjoyed reading the blog anyway.

1 comment:

  1. As you've said at least it had a decent send off....Rest In Peace little one

    ReplyDelete