Tuesday 26 July 2011

Lady Bradford's, Castle Bromwich.





A trip over Castle Bromwich today, not the best day for birding but I did manage to see a Pheasant Hen as it flew up from the plentiful Rosebay Willowherb and scared the life out of me being as it was only about four foot in front of me and screeching like a chav when the off license is closed. Talking to a local, there are at least three Pheasant Cock and two Pheasant Hen over there and they definitely bred last your but he wasn't sure this year being as they are very hard to spot being as thankfully they inhabit a portion of the land which is hard to get to by foot. Birds spotted today were Pheasant, Willow Warbler, juvenile Robin, juvenile Song Thrush and two Grey Heron flying overhead. As always it was nice to see some Funghi. I also found a dead adult Shrew today, which I buried along with a Horse Chestnut tree I've cultivated since last winter, I must have planted 40-50 trees over there this year, but they will still probably be struck by the disease caused by the Horse Chestnut Leaf Miner which blights most of the trees over Lady Bradford's and the surrounding areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment