Thursday 5 May 2011

Pype Hayes Park.













First foray out and about since Monday, R.I.P. The Sukers... Had a walk around Pype Hayes Park, Pype Hayes fish pond and the new cycle path being constructed between Penns Lane and Eachelhurst Road along the river. Hard to say what the highlight today was, it was a toss up between seeing a Muntjac Deer especially after seeing one Saturday at Shustoke Reservoir, but I certainly never expected to see one at Pype Hayes Park or the flock of about twenty Jackdaw feeding off the recently mown grass looking for insects, I've only ever seen a Jackdaw singularly before so to see about twenty on the ground and fairly tame was a real treat. Notable bird species saw today were Jackdaw, Nuthatch, Great Spotted Woodpecker, House Martin, Chaffinch, Robin, House Sparrow, Starling, Pied Wagtail, Tufted Dock, Goslings (4), and thirteen Goslings, consisting of two broods, one of seven and one of six, as you can see, proper cute they are. I'll probably go another twelve months before I see another Muntjac Deer, but rest assured I'll be keeping 'em peeled as Shaw Taylor used to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment