Wednesday 23 March 2011

Titford Pool, Sandwell.






















A trip today to Titford Pool in Sandwell, in Yam Yam land 'were them don't talk proper, aye it.' Titford Pool is 511 feet above sea level, and is under Junction 5 on the M25 and is a sizeable body of water, fishing is permitted on the pool, in fact I saw a couple of fisherman while I was there. There is also plenty of wooded area surrounding the pool, with a wide variety of trees, including plenty of pine. All bird species spotted today were Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Wren, Robin, Dunnock, Blackbird, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Magpie, Woodpigeon, Feral Pigeon, Moorhen, Coot, Tufted Duck, Mallard and Canada Goose, talking to one of the locals I had just missed a Kingfisher, which was a bit annoying. Today was the first day of the year that I've noticed lot's of butterflies, I'm no good at identifying them though. While I was walking around the pool, I heard a huge splash and saw this long tail disappearing under the water, acccording to the local I mentioned earlier it was probably a Pike that is something of a local legend, it is rumoured to be at least 15 years old and is massive, I'm not lying, it scared the shit out of me. Arrr, it was bostin !

No comments:

Post a Comment