Saturday 12 March 2011

Babbs Mill Nature Reserve, Kingshurst / River Cole.













A walk today around Babbs Mill Nature Reserve in Kingshurst and then a walk along the River Cole in the warm weather. Bird species of note spotted today were a flock of 50 plus Redwing, Fieldfare, Song Thrush, Jay, Coal Tit, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Long Tailed Tit, Chaffinch, Robin, Dunnock, Collared Dove, Kingfisher, Teal, Grey Heron, Cormorant, Tufted Duck and Mute Swan. Whilst picking up the copius amounts of litter dropped in and along the River Cole by our friends the chavs, I had a couple of very close encounters with a Black Mink, they can certainly move fast ! I was checking out (from afar) the hole the Kingfisher had flown out of, so while I was there I thought I'd take some 'Sabsman' style photos up along the River Cole.

1 comment:

  1. Thats right Vinny...plenty of river photos! I'm led to believe that there is also a few trout around the river cole! Keep up the blogging mate.

    Mick.

    ReplyDelete