Thursday 3 February 2011

Shustoke Reservoir.











Great day birdwatching on a cold but sunny Shustoke Reservoir. Birds spotted were 30 plus Siskin bathing in a shallow inlet of water then preening themselves in the tree above, Meadow Pipits, Bullfinches, Chaffinches, Wrens, Song Thrushes, Long Tailed Tits, Great Tits, Blue Tits, Pied Wagtails, Robins, a pair of Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 6 Grey Partridge in a field by the Fly Fishing pool, Robins, Goosanders, lots of Teal, Pochard and Wigeon, Great Crested Grebes, Tufted Ducks, Cormorants and a young Grey Heron on the reservoir and an adult Grey Heron on the Fly Fishing pool. Being as I don't normally mention the more common birds just thought I'd mention I also saw plenty of Tree Sparrows and Blackbirds everywhere I went. I also saw plenty of Rabbits. Unusually I didn't see one Raptor all day, which is very unusual for Shustoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment